Thursday, November 18, 2010

Recipe - Italian Sausage and Bean Bake - Non-Crockpot


This easy and delicious recipe came from the Dinner Doctor cookbook, page 213.  You take cooked ground sausage, a can of beans, diced tomatoes and cheese - layer them and bake until bubbling.

I added fresh, diced onion because we love onions.  I baked it at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and it was too long.  Next time, 20 minutes will be my time choice.  I really liked this and would make it again.  My husband insists that this casserole needs to be served over pasta.  But, take his opinion with a grain of salt as he would eat only carbs, if allowed!

And, a note for my girlfriends - if you buy the Jimmy Dean Sausage roll at BJs, you can make the sausage thing apps and this casserole from the sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment