Monday, December 9, 2013

Oven Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Vegetables

1 lb. Kielbasa
Mmmmmmmmm, I think that I have a new favorite!  I found a Pin for this dinner and finally made it!  It was originally Pinned by Lila's Apron here.   While the blogger is not a prolific writer, she has a great personality and some even better recipes!
Bell Pepper, Onion, Idaho Potatoes


All you need is:
  • 1 lb of sausage (I used Kielbasa because that is what we had on hand)
  • 4-5 potatoes (I used Idaho because that is what we had)
  • 1 sliced bell pepper (any color)
  • 1-2 large sliced onions
  • 1 small jar of banana peppers (I used mild)
  • 3 Tbs. olive oil
  • Salt & pepper
  • Creole seasoning (I used Old Bay)


Banana Peppers, Olive Oil & Seasonings
Instructions:
  • Preheat over to 400 degrees F
  • Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
  • Use a large bowl and add diced sausage, potatoes, onions and peppers with the olive oil.  Stir to coat.  Add banana peppers and stir some more.
  • Spread mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it out to the same thickness.
  • Sprinkle salt, pepper and other seasonings.
  • Bake for 35 minutes or so until potatoes are tender.
Notes:
  • The type of potatoes will really effect the cooking time and you don't want to serve this until the potatoes are done.  I cooked it for a full 40 minutes or so.
  • Use the middle rack of your oven so that the Kielbasa doesn't over cook.
  • I added some Italian Seasoning.
  • Before Cooking
  • My husband thinks that this would be great with the addition of Italian sausage and I think that he is right!
In the Bowl


After Cooking






No comments:

Post a Comment