Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pork Chop and Hash Brown Casserole

The Other Ingredients
The Potato Mixture
Yes, I have a slight Six Sister's Stuff obsession.
But, they share good, easy eats.  So, what's a busy mom to do except make some of their recipes for dinner!

I was reading my blogs and I saw this recipe for a Pork Chop and Hash Brown Casserole.

This recipe will feed up to 6 people.  It directly correlates to the number of boneless pork chops that you have.  If you have 5 chops, like I had, don't try to feed 6 people.  I was worried about cooking with Cream of Celery soup.  I am not opposed to the "cream of" soups.  I am just not the biggest fan of celery flavored foods and I seldom eat cooked celery.  I am happy to report that the Cream of Celery works great in this dish.  I loved it.  I added the dried onions because my husband and I love cooked onions.  If your family doesn't skip them.  Don't skip the French Fried onions, though.  Nom Nom Nom.

All you need is:
4-6 boneless pork chops
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
Seasoned salt, to taste
1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
Before Cooking in the Oven
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 Tbs. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 Tbs. dried onions
1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1+ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
6 oz. French's French Fried onions, divided



Here are my instructions:
  • The toughest part of this recipe is when you have to stir all of the other ingredients into the hash brown potatoes!  32 ounces makes for a lot of potatoes!
  • Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray like Pam.
  • Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Then, brown the pork chops in a skillet using the vegetable oil.  Once browned, sprinkle them with seasoned salt and pepper.
  • In a BIG bowl, pour the hash browns in and break them up with a wooden spoon. 
  • In another bowl, mix the cream of celery soup, the sour cream, the onions, milk, pepper, butter, garlic powder, 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 of the fried onions.
  • Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and top with the pork.
  • Bake this uncovered for 40 minutes.
  • Remove the casserole from the oven and top with the remaining 1/2 of the cheese and the fried onions.  Cook for just another 5 minutes then it's ready to eat.





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment