Thursday, October 24, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Ring

Buffalo Chicken Ring
This is one of my favorites!  It's a Buffalo Chicken Ring made with Crescent Rolls.  It's really easy and tasty, too.  You can also serve it as an appetizer.  Just don't forget the blue cheese dressing to dip it in.

My only technical problem is that I want it to be taller.  It is too flat when it comes out of the oven.  I wish that it were taller and more ring like. 

I found this thru a Pin (of course!) and have made it 2 times.  Here is the source.

All you need is:

Buffalo Chicken Ring - from the side
2 containers of Crescent Rolls
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 small onion
12 or so oz. of cooked chicken
1/2 cup (I use more) Frank's Red Hot or Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
Scallions
Blue cheese dressing (for dipping)

Here are my comments:
  • Use the pin's link to get the best pictures of how to arrange your crescent rolls on your aluminum foil covered cookie sheet.
  • Mix everything else together in a bowl.  You can sauté the onions first for extra flavor.  Skip the celery like I do - because it tastes weird.
  • Buy chicken-in-a-can.  Don't be hating.  Didn't your Mom make you try it before you could say you didn't like it?  I don't like Tyson brand but I do like almost all of the other national brands.
  • Use Frank's brand for the HOT.  Unless you really have a awesome hot sauce.  If you do, please share it in the comments because I want to try it.  Adjust the amount based on your family's palette. 
  • Don't even consider using Ranch Dressing.  Ranch is for veggies.  This recipe ain't for no veggies!
  • It tastes good with scallions inside the mix, too.
  • Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.  Turn the pan around after this time and bake for another 10-15-20 minutes.  You will have to touch the inside of the ring to make sure that it is funny cooked.
  • Let it cool, get the dip and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment