Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Shopkick

Shopkick - easy to use!
Another App that I am using to save me some money (or, earn me some gift cards) is Shopkick!  I have
been using this for a couple of months now.  This is a really easy to use App that will give you points when you go inside a certain store or when you scan certain products within a store (and answer a few simple questions).

You can open the App and the GPS locator inside your phone will pull up the participating stores around your location.  Certain stores will give you Shopkick points just for entering the store.  These stores include Target, Old Navy and Best Buy.  I have all 3 of these stores within a .5 mile radius of one another.  The 3 stores are only a few miles from my house.  My Target now has a grocery store inside it.  I have a Target Red Card that gets me 5% off of my purchase price so I often pick up grocery items at Target. 

This all means that I am often within the vicinity of all 3 stores and I am often running inside to get the points for entering the store and the points or scanning.  I ended up with a ton of Shopkick points during the 2 week period that I was trying to get a reliable Wi-Fi signal in my office.  I made so many trips to Best Buy for products and advice that I racked up some serious points.  They have double kids car (Geek Squad) shopping carts.  This enables me to bring both kids with me to that store without too much of a headache!

Sometimes when you scan the items, they offer bonus points for scanning everything in a group.  For instance, the other day I scanned three different types of flavored tuna in a pouch.  Because I scanned all three, I got a separate bonus for scanning all the items in the group.  Sometimes, you will be asked to scan the items a second or a third time when you shop on different days.  This is especially awesome because you already know exactly where the product is.  You just pick it up and scan it and you can be on your way without re-locating the product.

I only do Shopkick stuff when I have my 2 car seat belted kids with me about 30% of the time.  If I am alone, I can run in and run out so much easier.  Not to mention that if I have a lot of regular shopping to do, I can't do that many scans because my kids would lose interest and go crazy.  But, you can also do the scanning at some other stores like Walmart, CVS and Walgreens.  So if I end up at one of these stores and I am by myself I sometimes take the time to scan for points.

You accumulate points and then trade the points in for gift cards.  Shopkick has some really great vendors that you can choose from including Target, Starbucks, Sephora, Toys R Us, Best Buy, American Eagle, Macy's, Old Navy and Lowe's.  You can also trade points in for stuff too.  I assume that the "stuff" changes periodically so I am trying not to get excited about the 24" SmartTV that would be fab in my office.

Please let me know if you need any help or want anything clarified.



Disclosure:
I think that I have mentioned this a few times but, I have not been paid or otherwise compensated for my opinions in this post or in any of my other posts.  If the day comes when I am paid or otherwise compensated for my time and/or opinions I will disclose that at the bottom or the top of the post.




No comments:

Post a Comment