Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Homemade Vanilla Creamer - a la The Pioneer Woman

DIY Vanilla Coffee Creamer
MMMMMmmmmm yummy!  This is a favorite treat of mine - Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer.  I mix it with my black coffee without any extra sugar and I am good to go. 

I originally saw this on The Pioneer Woman's TV Show and then I came across a pin on Pinterest.  I have made it about 5 times now and I really love it!

All you need is:
  • A larger Mason Jar
  • 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
  • 14 ounces of milk or cream
  • 2 tsp. of vanilla
I do have some notes for you.  If you don't have a mason jar with a lid, then make sure that whatever you use can be shaken, frequently, without a mess.  You will be shaking this often - before every single use. 

Choose whatever you like for the other dairy product in the creamer:  skim milk, 2%, whole milk, fat free creamer, regular creamer and so on.  All of them will work.  It just depends on your palette and what you like.  I like really rich creamer in my coffee so I choose 2% , whole milk or regular creamer, depending on what we have in the house.

I like a lot of flavor.  I changed the 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons because I want to taste it - a lot.

PS
This is very rich!  If you are a no-fat, low-fat, fat-free kinda person, then you should skip this recipe or use skim milk for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment