Wednesday, October 16, 2013

TV Update - October 16, 2013

Shannon's current TV lineup:
Arrow - 2nd epi this week


Oh no!  TOO MANY shows:
  1. Boardwalk Empire
  2. Duck Dynasty
  3. Bones
  4. Sleepy Hollow 
  5. 2 Broke Girls
  6. Hostages
  7. The Blacklist
  8. Revenge
  9. Homeland
  10. The Goldberg's
  11. Revolution
  12. Nashville
  13. The Crazy Ones
  14. The Michael J. Fox Show
  15. Sons of Anarchy
  16. The Vampire Diaries
  17. The Originals (Remember, on Tuesdays now)
  18. Drop Dead Diva
  19. Hart of Dixie
  20. The Witches of East End
  21. The Walking Dead
  22. The Talking Dead
  23. Arrow
  24. American Horror Story: Coven
  25. The Tomorrow People
Other Info:

Hell on Wheels  - season ended (Sat 10/5)  
Entering the last year of the series - How I Met Your Mother (ends May/June 2014)
  
And finally, my comments:
  • Boardwalk Empire - still on DVR
  • Sleepy Hollow -  am so loving this show!  I liked the plague epi and really like the team work between Abby & Ichabod.  There won't be a new epi until November 4th - 3 weeks away - boohoo!!
  • 2 Broke Girls -  so funny - got to watch out for the steam with those cappuccino machines!
  • Vampire Diaries -  Elena left college?  I hope she goes back soon because we have already seen enough of Mystic Falls.  I thought there were going to be college characters and new story lines.
  • Duck Dynasty - now I want some jerky!
  • Hostages -   still on DVR
  • The Blacklist -  still on DVR
  • The Goldberg's - I agree Poltergeist IS too scary!  Still really liking this comedy (for me, that is saying a LOT ).  My h likes it too, which is nice.
  • Revolution -  a good show that I enjoy but, after the Aaron shocker it's been quiet.
  • Nashville -  not sure this is cutting its-ville
  • Michael J. Fox -  funny enough to live another week
  • Sons of Anarchy -  still on DVR
  • Drop Dead Diva - still on DVR
  • Hart of Dixie -  still on DVR
  • Witches of East End -  still on DVR
  • The Walking Dead - so excited that this is back!  It was a slow build kind of epi.  Loved that they left us with a big shocker and we know there will be a lot of action next week with a walker in the cell block!  Did you recognize Patrick from Everybody Hates Chris?  He looks exactly the same + 5 years, to me anyway!
  • Arrow - Arrow was the surprise hit of the Fall TV Season last year!  I enjoyed epi #1 and hope that this show has a great sophomore run.
  • American Horror Story: Coven:  I really enjoyed this epi!  I love seeing some of the actors from Season 1 and Season 2 in their new roles!  This show is so much fun and there are so many amazing actors.  This year they have Kathy Bates and Angela Basset and others, too.  I can't wait to see what happens.
  • The Tomorrow People - I gave this a chance because some of the TV columnists I follow gave it such great reviews.  I was at about an 80% chance of dumping it.  But, I did really like the last 2 minutes and the way it ended so it lives on my DVR for another week!
 

Shows that may not make the cut:
  • The Crazy Ones  - deleted
  • Nashville - last season was SO good that  guess a sophomore slump is inevitable!
  • The Originals - safe: it turns out that there is enough going on to keep me interested.
  • HIMYM - seriously, I don't even want to watch this show but, since I have invested and watched SO many seasons I feel like I need to stick with it even though it's painful to watch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment