Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Crock-Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo


Crock-pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
From my freezer, I removed a freezer bag full of deliciousness, or Chicken Broccoli Alfredo.  I let it defrost for 24 hours and then I cooked it in the Crock-pot on low for 4 hours.  (I find that my Crock-pot runs hot and I feel that my meals cook really fast, even when on low).

In our weekly menu, I planned to serve this.  The nice thing about having frozen meals is that they are sitting there waiting for you.  If you have time to defrost them then dinner at home can be saved on those crazy evenings!  This recipe came from the Sis Sister's Crock-pot Freezer cooking that I did a while back.  Next time I do it, I will definitely take pictures and blog about it.
I served this over Linguini (It's Barilla, but I bought it before the drama went down.).

All you need is:
1.25lbs of cubed chicken breasts
2 jars of Alfredo Sauce (I like Classico, it can be seen here on Amazon)
1 16oz bag of frozen Broccoli Florets
1 diced green pepper
diced mushrooms to suit your family (I have an allergy/sensitivity so we omit these)
pasta of your choosing

I also baked some Texas Toast to go with our dinner.  If you buy some, they also have a version with cheese on top that is so yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment