Wednesday, October 23, 2013

TV Update - October 23, 2013

Shannon's current TV lineup:
Giuliana & Bill & Duke - my pick of the week

 
Oh no!  TOO MANY shows:
  1. Boardwalk Empire (Sunday)
  2. Duck Dynasty (Tuesday)
  3. Bones (Monday)
  4. Sleepy Hollow (Monday)
  5. 2 Broke Girls (Monday)
  6. Hostages (Monday)
  7. The Blacklist (Monday)
  8. Revenge (Sunday)
  9. Homeland (Sunday)
  10. The Goldberg's (Monday)
  11. Revolution (Wednesday)
  12. Nashville (Wednesday)
  13. The Michael J. Fox Show (Thursday)
  14. Sons of Anarchy (Tuesday?)
  15. The Vampire Diaries (Thursday)
  16. The Originals (Tuesdays)
  17. Drop Dead Diva (Sunday)
  18. Hart of Dixie (Monday)
  19. The Witches of East End (Sunday)
  20. The Walking Dead (Sunday)
  21. The Talking Dead (Sunday)
  22. Arrow (Wednesday)
  23. American Horror Story: Coven (Wednesday)
  24. The Tomorrow People (Wednesday)
  25. Guiliana & Bill - now airing on E! (Tuesday)
  26. Keeping Up With the Kardashians (Sunday)
  27. How I Met Your Mother (Monday)
  28. The Crazy Ones
 
 Other Info:

 
Entering the last year of the series - How I Met Your Mother (ends May/June 2014)
Duck Dynasty's season finale was Tuesday October 22nd
 
Coming soon:
 
Mike & Molly - I saw a TV commercial and the premiere is Monday November 4th
Dracula - Friday October 25th
The Carrie Diaries - Friday October 25th - (FRIDAY - uh-oh!)
Grimm - Friday October 25th - (Friday was OK for Grimm last year, so here's hoping!)
(OK, so...maybe Fridays will be the new hot TV night again like they were back when I was 12 in 1988).
 
And finally, my comments.  I just realized that because I had some many shows on my DVR, you are getting 2 weeks of comments on a bunch of shows:
  • Boardwalk Empire - We finally saw Nucky & Margaret get together.  That was anti-climatic though.  Is he going to try and win her back?  Is he going to actually work for it?  Or, I guess that The Medium (Patricia Arquette) might be keeping him too occupied for him to miss Margaret enough to chase her.
  • Sleepy Hollow - no Sleepy Hollow for a few weeks (I'm missing it.  Monday was not the same!).
  • Bones - I have decided to let these epis pile up on my DVR since I am on the fence about this show.  During last year's winter hiatus I watched them all and that was a fun treat.
  • 2 Broke Girls - How could you not love these two girls?  And, their supporting cast.  It is so hard for me to recommend a 30 minute sitcom but I fully recommend this one!
  • Vampire Diaries - A road trip with human Catherine, Damon and Elena?  OK, I'll tag along if only for the snark.  I like Tessa (or maybe I am just partial to the name) and hope that she sticks around for a while.  I am bored with whatever is happening with Matt.  I like Stephan's stories so far.
  • Duck Dynasty -  We already have a Silverado truck.  I didn't need the commercial, thanks tho A&E.
  • Hostages -  I like this show and think it's an interesting twist on peril/drama in a one hour show.  If it's just a 1 season arc that is also fine with me!  I still have the most recent episode on the DVR.
  • The Blacklist -  I like this show but I am not fanatical about it.  I have a few FB people who really like this show.   I still have the most recent episode on the DVR.
  • The Goldberg's - Not the best epi so far but still had some funny moments.  I forgot all about scrambled cable TV channels, haha!  Our HBO and other movie channels used to come thru all squiggly like that.
  • Revolution -  Still enjoying this show!  I am so sad for Rachel, in that her old friend turned out to be a murdering psycho.  That was a bummer.  I am ready for the crew to be reunited.  It looks like it will be next week.
  • Nashville - Ok I probably sound like a complainer with my Nashville hate but Connie B has such talent!  That weirdo graveside scene.  Really?  That horrible photo shoot with Scarlet.  It was so fake and weird.  I felt like I was watching a soap opera at 3pm instead of prime time TV.  But then, amazingly, it got better!  I even enjoyed the teenager drama.  I can't wait to see her connect with Deacon and have them work out their relationship.
  • Michael J. Fox - Funny.  But, I seldom stick with 30 minute sitcoms...
  • Sons of Anarchy -   Started off really interesting.  I was happy to see Bobby and so happy the former investigator is finally being investigated and happy they checked out his hotel room.  But then, it became so boring.  Might be time to go back to 60 minute epis and give the 90 minute epis a break.
  • Drop Dead Diva -  gasp!  Stacey & Owen.  Yup, I will continue to turn in!
  • Hart of Dixie -  cute!  I want Lemon to find someone.
  • Witches of East End -  I thought this 2nd epi was a good, story packed episode.  I like the characters and just figured out that one of the brunettes is Channing Tatum's wife.  We had to IMDB the other sister to see who she is.  I am pretty sure that I remember her from American Dreams (as Beth).  That show ended quite a while ago, but, none of her other listings looked familiar to me.
  • The Walking Dead -  Who is feeding those rats to the Walkers?  I don't think it's the kid.  I think it's an adult.
  • Homeland - glad to see what Brody has been up to.  But, I feel like I am watching a different show.  Need Carrie to get some freedom!
  • Arrow - I actually like Thea's BF as the Super-hero wanna be.  Too bad she gave him the boot.  I am a little bored with the season-long plot arc but I do enjoy this show.  When is "The Hood" going away and "The Arrow" coming out to play?  Ohhh... that was a great ending with The Hood surrounded by the coppers!
  • American Horror Story: Coven: I had a DVR issue and did not get the 2nd epi!!  Going to try and track this down.  FX repeats it a few times the night is airs but not on any subsequent days.  This is a problem for people like me who wouldn't notice that they didn't get the show on their DVR until the next night!
  • The Tomorrow People - This show appeals to me but I'm not sure if it's going to make the cut.
  • Revenge - Hmmm so much to see this season.  Me & Charlotte shared the same favorite moment - when Victoria got a J-O-B.
  • Giuliana & Bill - so happy to see this show airing on E now because we missed 5 or 6 epis when it aired a few months ago on Style network.  It is one of my favs so I am so happy to see it on again and we can catch up.
  • Keeping Up With The Kardashians - I haven't said too much about this show this season.  I really enjoy watching this family.  I totally get why Bruce would want to divorce Kris but, I still feel bad for her and want them to stick it out!  I was really suspicious of the Malibu beach house so I am glad that we now know the real reason behind the separate abode.  I was also sad for Khloe & Lamar.  I liked their whirlwind romance story and hoped they would make it.  But, I think Lamar's drinking has been out of control for a while.  Who knows what else the issues are, but, the drinking was obvious.

Shows that may not make the cut:
  • Nashville -  OK, I am loving my hating on the season, who am I kidding?
  •  HIMYM - I am also going to save this on my DVR until the winter TV break.
  •  I need to slash some shows after October 25th when 3 more shows premiere!  Which shows   are going to take the cut?

Does anyone else have this issue:  Too many shows on Sunday and Monday.  I have a ton of shows from these 2 nights.  Luckily as the week progresses, I have less and less in the way of shows, so, I have a chance to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment