Friday, October 11, 2013

Chicken, Green Beans and Potato Bake

Chicken, green bean, potato bake before cooking
In this week's menu I mention that I am going to make a dinner based on a pin from Pinterest.  I have made this chicken, green bean, potato bake once before, but, I didn't have any official Italian Seasoning so I just used a compilation of spices from my spice cabinet.  This time, since this dinner was planned, I have the little jar of Italian seasonings.

Here is what the webpage after you follow the pin has to say:
Green beans, chicken breast, potatoes, butter, italian seasoning. Bake 350 degrees for an hour. Easy Peasy

It really is that easy but, here are some instructions based on tonight's meal preparation.  Since I just finished eating, I can give you all the scoop:

1.25lbs of chicken breast diced into 1.5 x 1.5 cubes
4 potatoes, cleaned and diced
1 or 2 cans of green beans (I used French style) 
9 thin pats of butter
salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning
dried onion flakes

Bake at 350 degrees F for no more than 50 minutes.  I did 50 minutes and that way about 5 minutes too long.  However, my oven tends to run a bit hot, I think.

You can decide on the amount green beans based on the volume of your family's veggie consumption.  I decided to use 1 can and I think 2 would be best next time.  I decided to cube the chicken because it will cook faster and it makes serving this much easier.  I did not peel the potatoes.  If you decide not to peel them just be sure to scrub 'em good!

Chicken, green bean, potato bake after 50 mins. in oven
This was delicious and I will definitely make it again this fall!

PS
In a strange turn of events, we only had 2 potatoes tonight!  I usually have to compost 30-50% of every single bag of potatoes that we buy.  But, it is great news that they got used for once.  I used a can of diced potatoes that I had on hand to fill in the potato section of the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment