Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Hump Day - It's Our Blog Re-Launch

It's time for Accountant By Day to get back in the blog-swing of things!  Once upon a time I used this space to share my crafts, decor, cooking, baking and some laundry stuff.  I named the site Accountant By Day, because - that was me.  I wanted to be so much more, though.  I finally got my chance on Friday October 16, 2009.

We welcomed Juliette and Jack that day.  Juliette was Baby A and she was 7 pounds, 1 ounce and her younger brother (by 1 minute) was a whopping 7 pounds, 14 ounces.  Our world was rocked!  We are so fortunate to have 2 healthy, happy, precious babies.  Not a day goes by that we don't think about how lucky and happy we are.

After a lot of soul searching and a lot of budget talks, we decided that I wold become a SAHM (stay at home mom).  I left my job in April and have been really enjoying the time at home with the kiddos.  Now, the only accounting I do during the day is our banking, bills and budgeting.  I need to keep my Excel skills up to date for future employment.  This blog has some of our history back to 2008 and I can't bare to leave it all behind so I decided to use the same blog space for the new improved blog.

I am making it a goal to be more structured in my blogging.  With my husband working a later shift, I have some quiet evenings.  Our kids go to bed at 6:30pm on the dot so after dinner, animal duty and clean up I want to get in the habit of blogging again.

Other changes that you will notice are the ads, both from Google and Amazon.  I am hoping that the blog will generate a modest income.  I promise to give my honest opinions on everything that I blog about, free from any bias based on any possible sponsorship.

I want to tackle many issues that I find interesting including TV, movies, books, crafts, the Cricut machine, cooking, baking, crockpotting, mommy issues, twin issues, budgets, clothing, shoes, haircuts and product reviews.

I welcome your comments and hope that you will jump in and leave them.  I plan to take 1 day a week (at least) and answer all questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment