Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Recap - September 19, 2010

I don't think she reads my blog, but, I should send a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend Shen!  She is the big 3-4, finally.  I have been waiting for her to catch up.

On Friday, the babies and I were bored.  We decided to head off to Providence for a Geocache.  I'm going to do a separate post on this that will publish soon.  We had a great time and saw a wonderful park, that we would have never found, otherwise.  Luckily, the rain didn't come back so we were able to take our time.  Then, we came home and did dinner and bedtime.  I was going to watch some more Dexter but instead I was on the computer.

Saturday we headed off to Kingston for a first birthday party.  Since we were actually on the road early (amazing, I know!) we gave my Grampa a call to see if we could stop by.  He was home, so we had a nice but, quick visit.   Quick was key because for some reason Juliette was melting down.  Her meltdown was probably due to the fact that she didn't nap in the car (1 hour trip).  We let the kiddos try out their early birthday gift, DVD players for the car.  This was not smart.  They really needed a nap instead of Baby Einstein.

We had a great time visiting with everyone at the birthday party.  The birthday boy is as cute as can be and he is about to become a big brother any day now.  His mom is a rockstar for doing this big party right before her due date! 

A childhood BFF now lives next door to the birthday boy!  I had a terrific visit with her, her husband and her 11 year old daughter.  We got to see their fabulous new (to them) house.  I am sad to say that I now have Rocky Nook Envy.  I want to live down in Rocky Nook with everyone!  Unfortunately, it won't be happening but a girl can dream.

Sunday we finally made it back to church, yay!  We had a lot of out of town guests and then the babies shifted their nap to end about 10:15-10:30am.  It's really tough to make a 10:30am service when the kiddos are sleeping that late.  We did go to church late.  I hate being late for things that start on time.  After church, we stopped home so that I could change and grab some more bubbas (baby bottles).  Then we met my FIL for a BBQ.  The food was delish!  We finally got home, put the kids down for a way overdue nap.  I went to bed at 8pm last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment