Friday, September 10, 2010

Recipe - Tater Tot Casserole (Chicken) - Non - Crockpot







Last night's dinner was a wonderful non-crockpot recipe for Chicken Tater Tot Casserole.  I love casseroles that have a veggie, carb and a meat all in 1 dish.  Of course, I can handle making a side dish veggie but it is so NICE when I don't have to!  If you watch The Duggars, like I do, then you may have seen an episode or 2 when they are making or eating Tater Tot Casserole.  I was intrigued by this concept!  I looked on their site and googled to try and find a recipe.  What I found out though, was that I didn't really want to make a ground beef based recipe.  I finally came across this chicken based recipe and just knew that it would be a hit!

I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website and tweaked it to suit our tastes.
Here is the recipe for Chicken Tater Tot Casserole:

  • 1 bag (24 oz) Green Giant® frozen broccoli and cheese-flavored sauce, or, use fresh/frozen broccoli and Velveeta. Microwave the broccoli and cheese before placing it in the casserole.
  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 4 medium green onions, diced
  • 4 cups of Tater Tots

  • 1/2 cup or 2oz of shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions:
  • Heat over to 400°F
  • Use a 11 x 7 casserole dish - spray lightly with cooking spray
  • Put the broccoli and cheese in the bottom of the casserole dish
  • Add the cooked chicken on top of the broccoli and cheese
  • Sprinkle the three-quarters of the diced onions on top of the chicken
  • Layer the frozen Tater Tots on top of the onions (adjust amount of Tater Tots to your family's liking)
  • bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, then remove casserole from oven and sprinkle  the cheese and onions on top.  Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes more.
Notes:
Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
  • I changed the oven temperature to 400, instead of 375, because I think that it cooks the Tater Tots best this way - I like the Tater Tots more crispy on the outside.
  • Here it is, on my plate 






















Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™




No comments:

Post a Comment